Community Project Grants support local projects that help build an engaged and inclusive community. Applications are welcome from community organisations for projects that:
- Address local community priorities
- Increase participation in community life and social inclusion and/or
- Increase skills, knowledge and leadership capability within the community sector
- Applications are open all year round
- You must submit your application at least 12 weeks before your project start date
- We aim to let you know the outcome within eight weeks of receiving your application
Not-for-profit organisations, local schools and social enterprises are eligible to apply. For more information please download and read the eligibility criteria in our Funding guidelines (PDF1017 KB)
How to apply
To apply, please fill in the online SmartyGrants application form. Once you create a SmartyGrants login you can start your application. SmartyGrants allows you to save your draft application and continue at any time.
Need help writing your Community Project Grant?
Do you have a great idea for a community project, but want some help to start your grant application? Have you started writing your application, but are not sure if it meets the mark?
Come along to a free workshop for some hands-on help with your grant application including help with:
- the basic elements of what makes a strong grant application
- advice on responding to a selection criteria
- tips and tricks for project planning, budgeting and much more.
Each workshop will start with grant writing advice with the remaining time available for you to work on your application with staff support. Workshops will be in a computer room so you can use the online SmartyGrants platform.
Follow this link for workshops & further information